Friday, June 7, 2013

Hike while Chris and friends rode Dry Fork

So until my mountain biking skills vastly improve, I do NOT plan on riding in Durango. Durango sits about 6500 ft and then when you climb another 1000 feet or so it gets tough. I can't even climb that much on my bike at a more reasonable elevation!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I took Chavez for a hike!


We (Chris, me, Brian, Julie, and the two dogs) started at the same point. Chavez can't keep up with the bikes so she got 'stuck' with me :) . Anywho, Chris and friends were doing a loop, I hiked up the backside a bit and turned around. Here is the junction below where I turned right and they turned left:


So I guess I hiked 'Hoffeins Connection'. Its a connection to the Colorado trail. For those of you who don't know about the Colorado trail, it connects Durango to Denver. Its a 400+ mile trail. SOOOOOOO coool! So here's my first experience on the Colorado Trail below!




And finally here's some spectacular views on the way back down!





On my way to Ogden this weekend! Can't wait to see home sweet home!



No comments:

Post a Comment